Thursday, September 9, 2010

Guest Author....

its been a while since I have written on here, so I figured that I would take a sec and write up a quick post. Things have been pretty busy lately. We have been traveling all over the place and playing a lot of golf. Its pretty easy with our lifestyle to get caught up in what we and we alone are doing without much care with what is going on outside our own little bubble. Well a big dose of reality came and knocked me down. Last saturday, one of my closest friends in the world and college mentor went to be with the Lord. It was all of sudden which left everyone around him in complete shock, including myself. The first word out of my mouth was, perspective. I had just gotten off the course when I had heard the news. my round that day was the worst of the year which left me super frustrated. All of those feelings left in an instant as soon as Jen told me about my friend. Its tough that it takes some sort of loss to make you realize how self centered you can get but to be honest, I say that it happens without even thinking about it.

Im not 100% sure where this is going but I guess my point is that, life is precious and that tomorrow is not promised and that I need to do a better job at seeing the world around me instead of focusing on only myself. Jonathan Scales was a great man and an incredible friend. I will miss him everyday. Thanks Jo for helping me be a better man.


-Scott